Are you female, aged 17-19 and keen to develop as an AFL player? Then we want to hear from you!
In 2018, the UNSW-ES Bulldogs will be offering two full (covering registration and uniform) and two part scholarships (uniform), valued at $350 and $100 respectively.
This is your chance to join one of Sydney’s oldest and largest football clubs and be a part of our future, whilst also benefiting from registration subsidies.
Did you know:
- Our Premier Division Women’s team are reigning premiers, having taken out the previous two Sydney AFL premierships (formerly known as the Stingrays)
- In 2018, we’re aiming for repeat success and a finals berth for our Division One team who finished in 6th place in 2017
- Four of our current Premier Division Players are playing in the 2018 AFLW national women’s competition for the GWS Giants
We’re also incredibly lucky to have dedicated and extremely qualifed coaching staff including Head Coach, Tracey Kick (Current GWS Giants Assistant Coach, Sydney Swans Academy Coach 2017, 2015 Assistant Coach of the NSWACT inaugural combined state team and formerly NSW State Women’s Coach), Assistant Coach, Ben Porter (Level Two Coach) and Division 1 Coaches Kate Edwards (former international netballer), Melissa Khoury (Division One Premiership Coach 2016) and Peta Hemphill (all round legend) who are all Level One Coaches and former players.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, then we’d love to hear from you – eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Aged between 17 and 19 years of age
- Prior experience playing AFL is preferred, however, not essential
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously played a season with the club
Applications are open until Friday 2 March and will be assessed by the UNSW-ES women’s coaching panel with successful individuals contacted directly by the club.
Click here to apply.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracey Kick, Head of Women’s Football on 0405 219 065.