The UNSW-ES Bulldogs continue to go from strength to strength in early 2018, with a Division 3 team entered in the Sydney AFL competition thanks to burgeoning numbers at the club.
This addition brings the total number of teams donning the Bulldogs guernsey to eight, our highest participation rate in the history of the club.
“Thanks to growing numbers coming through UNSW O-week and some of our long-term players returning to training after an extended off season, we found ourselves in a position bordering on over-subscription,” said Stephen Dunkley, UNSW-ES President.
“We’re really pleased that Sydney AFL has re-accepted our D3 nomination, and to providing the opportunity for more players to wear the red, white and blue.”
This announcement finalises the Bulldogs team submissions and coaching staff for 2018, with an envious line up including:
- Premier Division M – Head Coach Steven Pollock with Assistant Coach Jesse Aish
- Premier Division W – Head Coach Tracey Kick with Assistant Coach Ben Porter
- Premier Division M Reserves – Head Coach Ryan Farrelly
- Division One W – Co-coaches Kate Edwards, Melissa Khoury and Peta Hemphill
- Division Two M – Co-coaches Josh Tighe and Paul Grafen, Assistant Coach Tom Williamson
- Division Three M – Head Coach Dennis Rider
- U19s Colts Program (two Divisions) – Head Coach Kevin Dyson
The coaching line-up features new faces in Aish, Tighe, Farrelly and Khoury who will be well served and supported by their veteran counterparts.
“We’re in a fortunate position as a club as we reach the back end of pre season,” said Dunkley.
“The coaches have the trust of the UNSW-ES Executive and playing group and our numbers out on the track have been impressive. It’s a credit to all involved.”
Dunkley reiterated that more players and more games will place a strain on umpiring resources, and is calling on ex-players to come back to the club and get some run in their legs.
“Finding umpires is an ongoing frustration for any community club, so we’re calling on some of the old Doggies to re-join us with whistle in hand in 2018”, remarked Dunkley.
“It’s an absolutely essential part of the game, so if you’re missing being around football, we’d love to hear from you.”
All interested parties are encouraged to contact the club at email@example.com for further information.